It doesn't matter. What matters is that you will be taken to a registration page. Do NOT click on ENROLL IN INSTRUCTORS COURSE. What you want to click on is the orange tab below that one that reads: REGISTER FOR THIS NOW. The page looks like this:
After you click on REGISTER FOR THIS NOW you will taken to a checkout. You will need to click on the orange tab on the bottom right that reads "REDEEM/CHECKOUT?" The page looks like this:
After you click on REDEEM/CHECKOUT you will be taken to a page to enter registration information. It look like this:
Complete all the registration information and then click the blue "CONTINUE" tab at the bottom left. You will then be taken to this page:
The orange tab at the bottom left that reads "SUBMIT?" in the photo above...Click that. You will be registered at this point. Once it registers you it will also log you in and everything will flow fine. However, if you need to log in for future assignments you will need your user name and password. When you registered you were required to give an email address. They will send you a "username" to your email address. They create the username for you. That's the one you will have to use in the future. The email they send you will also include your password. I'd suggest you hold on to the email. I've had to refer back to it several times to look at my "user name." Anyway, after you click "SUBMIT" you will be taken to this page:
Middle of the page is a blue hyperlink that reads "GET STARTED." Click on that and you will be taken to this page:
Now, this is the page you want to bookmark. So add this to your bookmarks. There are other ways to do this and quicker bookmark options, but if you book mark this page you will always have the option to begin at the central starting location. When you need to come back to Evolve for future case studies/assignments, just click on this bookmarked page. Ok. So, now click on the blue hyperlink that reads "Evolve Resources for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 7th edition." It's the blue hyperlink closest to the bottom of the page. I could have taken time to circle and highlight everything you need to click, but I feel sure my description is enough to get you where you need to go. If not, let me know and I'll upload graphics with arrows and circled stuff and clear instructions.After you click the blue hyperlink for Evolve Resources for Physical Examination you will be taken to this page:
This should be all you need. I'm sure you can navigate on your own from here. But, just in case it's confusing I'll help. Look at the left side of the page. Scroll down until you find the chapter you want and click on it. For example, we need to look at chapter 13 this week (as well as chapter 10). Click on Chapter 13 and you'll see this:
There are all your needs for chapter 13 - key points, videos, etc. You can also click on chapter 10 to answer the questions 1-8. Click on chapter 10 on the left side of the screen and you will see this:
Click on "CASE STUDIES" and you will go here:
Then click on "PAIN OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN" to answer the asisgnment questions. When you click on
"Pain of Unknown Origin" you will go to the start of the questions page here:
Ok. That's it. If you need more help I'll be happy to assist. I'm sure there are other much more savy computer users in the class. They may chime in. Or if you know them already I'd suggest you seek help wherever is best for you. I'm just trying to do my part to help in the meantime.
Chris
Thank you Chris! That saved me a ton of time.
ReplyDeleteNo problem, Michele. Glad it helped you. :-)
DeleteIs there a way to make the case study keep your answer? it removes my answer from the question anytime I navigate away from that question- it has also made "finishing" it a pain. when I come to question 8 and type in an answer it will disappear- there is no option to "turn in" or screenshot a list of answers.
ReplyDeleteIf you register "on your own" there is no way to make the case study save your answer. I mentioned this in the ask a teacher a thread and Dr Pollitt responded by agreeing with me; that you can just take a screenshot of question #8. In reality, there is no way to "prove" you did the case study. The onus of learning is on every student. If someone shortcuts the case study and doesn't actually take the time to learn the material they will be the ultimate loser. As far as I can tell, the idea of the case study is to help bolster critical thinking and assessment skills. To that end, it doesn't matter if the study saves your answers or not. :-) If I can be any further help, please let me know. I'll be happy to help however I can.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete